Most C++ build automation tools come with a bit complex syntax and make simple projects complex. As a result, C++ programmers often try to write shell scripts for compilation, but then they have to maintain multiple scripts for each platform.
BuildZri is a minimal cross-platform C++ build automation tool written in Python. It comes with a simple JSON-based configuration file with the features you need. It provides a minimal and flexible abstraction over the standard compiler command-line interface, so you can integrate BuildZri in seconds while having the freedom to configure the compiler.
- Minimal JSON-based configuration with global variables
- Supports, GNU C++, Clang, and MSVC compilers
- Written in Python, works on any popular operating system
- Built for both developers and CI/CD servers
- No installation required, it comes as a simple script
Neutralinojs uses BuildZri to build binaries on Linux, macOS, and Windows.
See how simple to generate cross-platform binaries with BuildZri:
The above sample configuration generates the following binaries:
./bin/bzsample-linux_x64on x64 GNU/Linux machines
./bin/bzsample-mac_x64on x64/arm64 macOS machines
./bin/bzsample-win_x64.exeon x64 Windows machines